Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A People Kind of Person


Have you ever sat next to someone and thought, "This person makes me feel so much more solid." ?? I have days like that. Days where I feel like I'm tucked between the minute hands; obscure enough to be missed. And then someone walks through door and looks you in the eye. And without saying much, they make you feel so much more present than you did before they walked in. I have a few people in my life that have the ability to do this. Their energy and personality creates a world around them that engages others in a way that allows them to relax; to stop thinking about what their doing with their hands. I think this is such a precious gift, and though I can't always keep these people close to me I will always strive to be like them and enjoy their existence on this earth. "I thank God for you and for your love for all the saints..." Paul said it true. I love walking into another human. That sounds crazy weird, but I honestly feel like that's what happens when two people really appreciate one another; when we allow ourselves to be influenced for the better by the goodness in someone else. I'm going to try to do this everyday. Of course, there are the days that are spent tucked in between time's sheets... but that just gives contrast to our days; making our experiences that much more vibrant when they occur. People are beautiful. 

W.

"You know I could use somebody. Someone like you and all you know and how you speak..."

No comments:

Post a Comment